Financial ReleaseView printer-friendly version
Starbucks, Chobani, Finning, Light & Wonder, McKesson and Takeda Honored with 2022 Modern Accounting Awards from BlackLine
Leading organizations from around the world and across multiple industries recognized for embracing modern accounting to drive transformational outcomes
- The Unifier – For the company that has overcome the challenges inherent in a complex finance technology landscape by unifying data, processes and visibility to deliver accurate results faster.
- Takeda, the largest pharmaceutical company in
Asia, won for using BlackLine'ssolutions to transition to a remote work environment, successfully reducing manual work and increasing controls compliance, while freeing up more than 60,000 team hours a year with auto-certification.
- The Accelerator – For the company that has automated routine accounting work to save time and refocus finance professionals on strategic business initiatives, revolutionizing finance and accounting use cases with process design and automation.
- Light & Wonder, Inc., the global leader in cross-platform games and entertainment, won for replacing a complex manual process with an automated one that takes just 30 minutes per day, while also consolidating data from multiple systems into
BlackLineto increase efficiencies.
- The Closer – For the company that has embraced continuous accounting, distributing close tasks across the period to reduce month-end workloads, speeding up the close process and supporting the business in real time.
- Food maker Chobani, producer of America's No. 1 yogurt brand, won for transforming its financial close processes, reducing reconciliation time to just five days, increasing efficiencies to provide more accurate financial results faster, and empowering its teams to make decisions quickly and more accurately.
- The Capitalizer – For the company that consistently unlocks working capital, achieving operational excellence by unifying data and processes with the deployment of BlackLine's accounts receivable automation solutions.
- The award goes to global healthcare giant McKesson, ranked No. 9 on the 2022 Fortune 500 list, for creating a standardized process across the business that cut down on manual work and tedious tasks, increasing efficiencies for its AR teams and enabling them to focus on strategic, value-adding work. McKesson also improved its invoice-to-cash match rate to as much as 90 percent with no manual intervention, reduced unapplied cash and eliminated the time-consuming task of tracking down remittances.
- The Modernizer – For the company that has embraced modern accounting, moving from traditional, manual and chaotic processes towards a proactive, predictable and fast finance and accounting (F&A) function.
- Finning, the world's largest Caterpillar dealer and a global provider of parts and service for equipment and engines across diverse industries, won for saving 13,000 hours annually by eliminating repetitive manual tasks, empowering team members to redirect their efforts to value-adding activities. Finning also actively participates in the
BlackLine Community, offering suggestions and innovative ideas regularly to help peers modernize and optimize their F&A operations.
- The Pioneer – For the company that is a modern accounting trailblazer, taking on new challenges to continually eliminate manual processes and elevate innovation through the creative use of technology solutions, advanced functionality and new capabilities and features.
- The award goes to Starbucks, the world's largest coffeehouse chain, in recognition of how its F&A teams fully embraced modern accounting. One of the first customers to explore new functionalities in
BlackLine, such as dashboards and data source grouping, Starbucks increased its match rate to 99 percent, saved over 400 hours across its F&A organization each month, built a BlackLine Ambassador program, and more.
"We received a record number of submissions this year with impressive stories to tell, making it difficult to choose the best. Each of these customers has truly raised the bar for modern accounting and set new standards for digital finance transformation," said
Entries were evaluated and winners selected by a team of
For 14 years, BeyondTheBlack has brought together a global community focused on innovation and leadership in Finance and Accounting. BeyondTheBlack 2022 will take place in person Monday to
For information or to register to attend in person or virtually, go here.
Companies come to
More than 4,000 customers trust
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/starbucks-chobani-finning-light--wonder-mckesson-and-takeda--honored-with-2022-modern-accounting-awards-from-blackline-301664703.html
Ashley Dyer, PR Director, BlackLine, 818-936-7166, email@example.com