Financial ReleaseView printer-friendly version
Zurich North America, McKesson And Big Ass Fans Among Companies Honored With 2020 Modern Accounting Awards From BlackLine
- The Transformer – Honors the company that is the picture of change management success, bringing special focus to their organization's digital finance transformation strategy, transforming F&A operations with a bold vision across people, process and technology.
- The award goes to one of the world's largest healthcare conglomerates for standardizing globally on
BlackLineacross five Global Business Services centers with thousands of users; completing the roll-out of BlackLine'sJournals solution across 20 SAP® systems; and using BlackLine'sIntercompany Hub to standardize intercompany transactions and streamline F&A, tax and cash management around the world.
- The Unifier – Honors the company that has overcome the challenges inherent in a complex F&A technology landscape by unifying data, processes and visibility to deliver accurate results faster.
- The award goes to
Zurich North Americafor transitioning to SAP® S/4HANA in only two years while maintaining accuracy and transparency between old and new systems, coming in on budget and on schedule. As part of their ERP upgrade and in preparation for IFRS17, Zurich saw a 160% increase in total reconciliations. By automating 98% of their certifications in BlackLine, they handled this big increase in workload without adding any headcount.
- The Accelerator – Honors the company that has used
BlackLineto automate routine work to refocus on strategic business initiatives, revolutionizing an F&A use case with process design and automation.
- The award goes to a multinational semiconductor company that automated Journal Entry templates for various processes including payroll and bank reconciliations and also used 150 rules in
BlackLine'sTransaction Matching to automate 90% of matches in their cash clearing process – saving more than 3,000 hours on that process alone.
- The Closer – Honors the company that embraces Continuous Accounting, distributing and executing period-end close tasks across the period to reduce month-end workloads, speed up the close process and support the business in real time.
- The award goes to McKesson for enabling a risk ranking and materiality threshold framework that saved an estimated 7,500 hours per year through a reduction in account reconciliation frequency; standardizing processes by moving from 25 legacy templates to seven standard templates; and aligning tasks across the F&A organization to create real-time tracking and reporting of monthly progress and overdue tasks.
- The Modernizer – Honors the company that embraces Modern Accounting, moving from traditional, manual and chaotic processes to building a proactive, predictable and fast F&A function.
- The award goes to Big Ass Fans for modernizing F&A to embed control and consistency into every process while building a new team and reducing costs by 30%.
"We're honored to recognize these customers who are true trailblazers, setting examples for others in their respective industries and beyond," said
Entries were evaluated and winners selected by a team of
BeyondTheBlack, formerly InTheBlack, is
BeyondTheBlack 2020 will take place virtually Tuesday to
Companies come to
More than 3,200 customers trust
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zurich-north-america-mckesson-and-big-ass-fans-among-companies-honored-with-2020-modern-accounting-awards-from-blackline-301171566.html
Ashley Dyer, PR Director, BlackLine, 818-936-7166, firstname.lastname@example.org